Thursday, October 20, 2011

More In-Depth Look at Holiday Magic from CTMH

I thought I'd share with you how these cards look different than my workshop cards -- besides the obvious reasons of differing paper and stamps.  Oh, wait, there isn't any other difference!

This first one corresponds to the first Dreamin' Workshop on the Go card sample.  The Dreamin' card can be found on page 37 of the Autumn/Winter 2011 Idea Book.  This first card is a new pattern thus is not named.

A simpler card that entails the tree as the focal point with a rhinestone designer brad at the top.  A Topiary second generation tree was rolled in Topiary ink before stamping.  The trunk was stamped in Chocolate after the tree was cut out.  If I had to do it again, I'd stamp the trunk and then cut the image out as one.











I thought the card needed something, but what.  I thought about adding ribbon but white ribbon wouldn't stand out against the white background.  I like the symmetry of the pattern so I didn't want to add any brads to either side.  I decided to add stitching!  It amazes me how something so trivial as marker lines can such a big difference.  Which card do you like better?








Materials Used (all CTMH):
S1110A  Holiday Magic Stamp Set (available only until October 31, 2011)
Z1353  White Daisy 4.5" Circle Card
X7145B  Believe Paper Packet
Z1360  Rhinestone Designer Brads
Z2155  Topiary Ink
Z2111  Chocolate Ink
Z2211  Chocolate Marker
Z1151  3D Foam Tape
Z726  Sponge Dauber
Z534 Micro-tip Scissors

No comments: