Friday, August 3, 2012

Final Close Up Look of Cards 9 and 10

Finally, we reached the last two cards of the this workshop found in Wishes.  The cutting diagrams on page 68 made cutting and assembling these cards a cinch.  The best thing is that with the diagrams you'll end up with 20 cards -- two each of ten designs.

Here is the ninth card:
This one was finished really simply.  I edge distressed each piece of paper with our edge distresser.  (tip: I always stamp my image before distressing the paper so that I can line it up easier with clean lines.)  The saying is mounted with 3-D foam tape.  And the card is finished off with three different flowers from the Floret Just Bloom Flowers, topped off with a brown sparkle from the Brown and Tan Sparkle Assortment.  Super fast and easy.



And last, but not least, is a fun card.  I've been reading that mustaches are fashionable right now.  So of course our Artiste Cartridge Collection is going to include one!
I teamed the mustache up with a saying within the Collection and matching dimensional element.  I've added watercolor lines to the mustache.  And looking at it right now, the mustache could double as some hair that's bouncing away from a man's head (or a girl's bangs).  Not that I know when and where you'd use those options... I just saying you could use it for those purposes too.  :)

The saying has been inked in Twilight ink and then rolled in Pacifica ink.  I did stamp the saying on a Artiste cut out because I thought the White Daisy Dimensional Element would be too bright.  The saying is stamped, instead, on Colonial White paper. For the underlying mat I cut another word bubble out of Cashmere cardstock 0.5" larger than the saying size (the size of that is found on the stamp carrier).  I simply cut the tail off.  I cut the tail off because it didn't match up correctly with the saying tail.  And I didn't want to have to "guess" the size of the oval.  I could have found the oval on the Art Philosophy Cartridge and increased the size too, but what if the shapes were slightly different.  Also, this way, I didn't have to change cartridge.

The Sorbet cardstock is direct to paper ink distressed with -- you guessed it -- Sorbet ink.



And that's it.  Wishes is a great book to own if you like making cards.  It can be found online as we no longer sell it.  However, I'm delighted to tell you we have an alternative.  We now have a new how-to publication called Make It from Your Heart which will come out with every new Idea Book.  The cost is $7.95 plus shipping and tax, has 16 two-page layouts, two one-page layouts, and 12 card designs.  The publication has updated artwork and plenty of tips to keep your creative juices going.

Products Used (all CTMH):
Both:
X7156B  Clementine paper packet
X7153B  Florentine paper packet
X1410     Colonial White Card and Envelopes
Z1151      3-D Foam Tape
Z2160      Twilight ink


"God be with You" card:
C1524  Words of Comfort
Z1297   Edge Distresser
Z1764   Just Bloom Flowers -- Floret
Z1753   Brown and Tan Assortment Sparkles


"You make me smile" card:
Z1790  Artiste Cricut Cartridge Collection
3505     Watercolor Pencils
Z2194   Pacifica ink
Z2160   Sorbet ink

No comments: