Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Masculine Birthday Card

Today's pinterest inspired card is from Rachel (there is no link to her blog/website).  But my version, of course, uses Close to my Heart Products!




The paper is Urban (X7204B) background and texture paper, with Peacock, Sapphire, and Colonial White cardstock.  Inks are Peacock, Sapphire, Saffron, and Black.  Two stamp sets were used.  Ink Blot (D1660) and Happy Birthday (M1033 - retired).  The card is finished off with Artison Studs (Z1816).










I had such a good time doing this card, I made another one with Georgie Paper (X7203B).  Take a look...




My paper proportions are a little different for this card.  But you can see by using the yellows of Georgie, the card is brighter.  It looks lighter too, because I didn't add any stamping to the saying piece.  I added a third banner for this card and didn't add any embellishments (shame on me!).

For both cards, the "birthday" is colored with our watercolor pencils (3505) - Ocean.  The top one looks much darker for two reasons - Colonial White paper and a heavier hand.  I then went over the pencil with the Blending Pen (3174) to thin it out and bring some of the color to the other part of the word.

No comments: