Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Graduation Card - Pinterest Inspired

There are a ton of graduation cards on Pinterest right now.  I found this card today that needed to be made with our new Smarty Pants (C1649) stamp set.  


Unfortunately I don't know who to give credit to since it didn't link to a blog and there was no signature on the picture.  I'm modifying it anyway...



I used the Chervon Embossing Folder (Z1925) on White Daisy cardstock that was cut to 4" x 5.25" before it was run through my Cuttlebug.

Sapphire cardstock was utilized because that is one color from my daughter's school (she's going to high school in the Fall).  You could use one of your school colors.  The Sapphire is cut 2" x 1.75" to mat the mortar board 1.75" x 1.5".  Sapphire was also cut to 4.25" x 1.5" to accommodate the 4" x 1.25" saying.

The mortar board was hand cut and mounted with Thin 3D Foam.

As you can see, the smaller White Daisy pieces were sponged with Sapphire ink.





Then I made the card again, for Heather's son, making some modifications.  The same measurements were used.  I changed:
  • Used New England Ivy - his high school colors - instead of Sapphire
  • The Confetti Embossing Folder (Z3118) gives it a party feel
  • I sponged the embossed White Daisy cardstock as well
  • I stamped the tassle in New England Ivy and glued it on (see picture below)
  • I second generation stamped the diploma in New England Ivy ink under "congratulations!"


I guess it would have been better if the New England Ivy was a lighter color so you could see there is a color difference.













To the season for graduations.  These came together quickly, you can make them too!

No comments: