Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Porcupine Fun

Today's sample is for this month's Cardaholic swap.  How I picked what to do was done with the creative blocks I made last year.  Stacy, our ring leader, rolled the dice that landed with:

reds/yellows
animal
ribbon/twine, and
coloring

This is my creation:
The hedgehog is from an old retired stamp set - Happy Forever (D1423).  He was colored in with our watercolor pencils (3505) after being stamped with Nutmeg Ink (Z2830).  The butterfly was stamped a second time, on  White Daisy scratch paper, with Black Memento Ink (Z899).  After coloring and cutting the butterfly out, I mounted it to the nose of the porcupine with both Bonding Memory Glue (Z553) and Thin 3D Foam Tape (Z2060).  The wings were raised, but the legs were glued directly to the butterfly image below it.

Mr. Hedge was glued directly to the White Daisy mat.  That mat was sponged with Toffee Ink (Z2828) and Sponge Daubers (Z726 or Z1938).  The mat is raised with the Thin 3D foam above the Pomegranate and Lemon paper.

Since we don't have spotted Pomegranate Cardstock (X5964), I stamped the dots using Line it Up stamp set (D1709 - from Flower Market Collection) and Pomegranate Ink (Z2854).  The Lemon paper came from the Adventure Fundamentals paper packet (Z3351).   The grid is unified by being on top of Toffee Cardstock (X5950).

I used retired ribbon (some dating wayyy back).  "Sending Smiles" is from Sending Smiles - D1708 (also from the Flower Market Collection), stamped in Nutmeg Ink.

Once the card was put together, I went back with my Clear Shimmer Brush (Z3293), and added some sparkle to the butterfly (you can't see it in this picture).

This card makes me very happy.  I hope the recipients enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments: