Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Thin Cut Gift Boxes - On sale through 3/31/18

I'm so glad I decided to buy these Thin Cuts!  Look how cute these boxes turned out.  : )  I have two different ones because as I was working on the floral one, I thought about using cardstock and just stamping on it... I'm getting ahead of myself... Let me start my story.



This is the first one I started with.  I cut the paper 5.25" x 7" to not waste paper for the die.  Therefore I could make two boxes from one 12" x 12" paper, and have plenty of paper leftover.








I've wanted to use this stamp set for awhile.  My upline, Kay Pekin, sent me a card that I fell in love with that used this flower.  Before you ask, no, there is no thin cut for the flower or leaves.  I had to go the old fashion route and cut them out by hand.





I created my second box after thinking about stamping on cardstock (as I stated above).  However, when I started thinking about the stamp I would stamp my Juniper cardstock (X5979), I had an inspirational thought of running the box through the Rose Embossing Folder (Z3343).  And then I decided to sand the embossed image.  Ooh laa laa.











Everything other than the box is the same.

The flower and leaves come from the Chelea Gardens - Scrapbooking (D1760) stamp set.  The flower was inked in Glacier (Z2841), rolled in Crystal Blue (Z2817) and then stamped on scratch White Daisy.  The center of the flower was inked and stamped with Heather (Z2826).  The leaves were inked in Sweet Leaf (Z2853) and rolled in Fern (Z2850).  The saying was stamped on the Chelea Gardens Paper Packet (X7230B).  Don't recognize the stamp?!  It's a petite perk stamp (one of four small sayings) that isn't available for purchase.  Your consultant needs to give it to you, and it changes each quarter.  How do you get one from me?  If you order the Thin Cuts and Stamp Set from this project on my website before April 30th (although two of the Thin Cuts are on sale through March 31, 2018), I'll give the petite perks to you free!  Other ways to earn the the stamp set is to host a gathering and have someone book a gathering from yours.  Here is the stamp set: 
image slightly larger than actual

Back to my story...
The wider banners are from the Basic Banners Thin Cut (Z3345).  I used the 1.5" banner.  After I stamped the saying with Black ink (Z2805), I cut 0.25" from the flat part of the banner to make it shorter than the Heather cardstock (X5947) banner.  Remember that our cardstock is two toned now!  The narrow banner is the backside of the Heather cardstock, and is 5/8" wide by 1 5/8" long.  I would have used the 1" thin cut banner, but the banner needed to be longer than the 1.5" banners (and you can't add length to the banners).  I did use the 1" thin cut banner as a guide as to how high to cut to form the banner.  I finished the boxes off with Grey Enamel Gems (Z3089) - yes, the gems are white - they come in three different shades.  : )

The differences between the boxes (besides the base paper) are what I raised with Thin 3D Foam (Z2060).  I raised the banner on first box shown.  I raised the flower on the second box.  I couldn't decide which way I liked better.

No comments: