Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Mini Brag Book Updated Again!

Besides this being an easy project to create, it's easy to recreate!  If you'd like to learn how it's made, check out the Bashful/Pewter book I made last year.

This book was made using some product from our Seasonal Expressions 1 idea book.  The stamp set is Chelsea Gardens - Cardmaking (C1709),  Gimme Some Sugar Paper Packet (Z7228A), Peacock-stitched Ribbon (Z4144), White Daisy cardstock (1385), Peacock Cardstock (X5958), Pewter cardstock (X5954), Peacock Ink (Z2849), Black Ink (Z2805), Watercolor Pencils (3505), Hook and Loop Dots (Z1805), and the Clear Shimmer Brush (Z3293).


Oh yeah, I also used some hidden gems - like "Celebrate" (M1188) and Pen Pal Alphabet (B1539) for the saying.  I wanted a general saying, but you could easily substitute any of your own (including any of the 5 included on the stamp set).



With this book, I elected to stamp directly onto the Peacock cardstock.  When closed, the butterfly covers some of the front.  It's just fun!
















And on this inside, I used B&T paper as my background paper.  The first page is light enough for me to add my journaling directly to the paper.  If you look carefully, you'll see my knife cuts from the craft knife around the flowers and butterfly.  I did mask the center flower before I stamped the outside two in my cluster.

The Front butterfly... that was colored with the watercolor pencils and then blended with the Shimmer brush.  The colors are mixed a little and there's a little shine to the butterfly!  I did hand-cut the butterfly (the thin cuts are sold out)

No comments: