Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Cut Above

This week's Color Me Monday Challenge was with the colors Outdoor Denim, Lilac Mist, Olive, and Brown Bag.  My card uses three of those four colors, measures 3"x3", and features the July Stamp of the Month.

The technique I used to color the hedgehog in was Reverse Masking.   Stamp the image on another sheet of paper, leaving large margins.  Since I had two areas to color, the image was stamped twice, again, leaving large margins.  Then a cutting knife (and mat) was used to carefully cut away the areas I wanted to color -- in this case, the body from one image and the spines from another.  Make sure you don't throw these away!  I put them in the back of my stamp holder envelope so I always have them handy.
Next thing to do is line up the one template and sponge the color you want into the opening.  The spines are in Chocolate while the body is Brown Bag.  It's that easy!

Products used are all CTMH:
X7110B Back Country Paper Packet
Z2168 Colonial White Pigment Ink
Z2108 Brown Bag Ink
Z2111 Chocolate Ink
Z280 Natural Hemp
Z1151 3D Foam Tape
D1423 Happy Forever
D1283 Say it in Style
Z1252 Cutting Knife
Z1279 VersaMat

No comments: