Tuesday, July 13, 2010

H2H ABC (Anything But a Card) Challange

So I was perusing CTMH bulletin board, feeling blue that I wasn't at convention when I came upon a post for making a purse.  Christine Marshall, on her blog, posted a three day tutorial to make a purse/briefcase.  I thought this was a perfect opportunity for this week's H2H challenges.
On the tutorial, Christine added outside pockets to both sides of the purse.  I wanted mine to look more like a suitcase so I didn't add any pockets.  I used Ocean cardstock and Splendor B&T paper (X7124B).  The stamped images are mostly from Boys at Play (C1386) and the bus is from In the Month of August (C1418 -- 43 more days). 

Since I wanted it to look like a suitcase, I added some brads to the bottom of the case too.  The entire thing was sponge edge distressed with Desert Sand for that used look.  There are two pockets on the inside of the suitcase.  I'm thinking of making some of these for teachers and dub them survival kits.  Then I'll put some chocolate, a pen, a notepad, and some tissue (since summer is over) inside.

No comments: